Saturday, June 19, 2010

60's Sailor Style-My New Love






Hello Readers! My latest fashion love is the 60's sailor look. Sailor tops and dresses with their knotted sailor scarfs are just to die for! I absolutely love sailor tops when they are paired with white capris or white knee length shorts which were also very popular during the 60's. These outfits are inspired by the first ensemble worn by 'Fanny Brice' in the movie Funny Girl. A sailor inspired look is easily created just by adding a few accessories to some of you own classic pieces. Sometimes women are a little wary of the sailor look because they feel it will make them look tom boyish and little girlish. As you can see from these pictures though, femininity is easily expressed within each ensemble with a grown up flair. Enjoy!

God Bless!
~Kat

5 comments:

  1. Oh me oh my, I love everything in these polyvores. Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Are they just to die for!! I actually created these ensembles using adobe photoshop.

    God Bless!
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the 50's 60's fashions too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks! I have some white shorts and I couldn't think of a top to match them with. I love that striped red shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat: Wonderful! I'm glad these gave you some ideas!

    God Bless!
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! It means a lot that you have taken time to read what I have to say! Thanks again!

~Kat