Friday, March 12, 2010

Dressed like a Dream!


I am constantly amazed at the beauty and designs of so many vintage dresses. It's so inspiring to examine and study the intricate details and the patterns themselves. Just think... somebody actually created them from their own ideas! To me when you see the beauty of design and understand how marvelous and extraordinary the creations of other people (as long as they are not inappropriate..ha!) , how delicate, intricate, and complex they can be, it helps you to appreciate all the more how astounding the creations of God are!! Truly the world declares His works! After all He made us and well... EVERYTHING!!! It's so inspiring!!!!

Of course there are tons of today's styles I enjoy but let's face it, they just don't have the class and elegant feminine patterns anymore. Not to mention you have to add or alter everything so it's modest! Seriously, when you go to buy a dress now they are so short you have to wear leggings or blue jeans under them!! Here are some photos that I love to look at for inspiration!


What greater inspiration do we need than this??


These dresses are so feminine and elegant! (It is to be assumed that when there is a low neckline in a picture, it would definitely need to be altered first before I would wear it!!)














Ok and my all time greatest inspiration (besides the Bible), comes from the movie Hello Dolly! The sets, costumes, songs, and everything else are just so extraordinarily beautiful! The pictures simply do not do them justice so you'll have to watch the movie!!! Seriously I could watch it over and over again! Irene Maloy's millinery shop is so gorgeous not to mention the Harmonia Gardens!!!! Everything is just so bright and exciting!! It's an adventure Barnaby!!







God Bless!
~Kat

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful designs, I agree! And you make the movie sound really good too! I will have to watch it! I'm gonna put it on Netflix right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they just lovely!!! I feel so relaxed just looking at them!!

    Awesome! You are the third person this week that I have talked into watching Hello Dolly!!!! As you can see I am obsessed with it! ha! Actually I first heard about the movie several years ago from my cousin but I never pursued watching it and then this Christmas my great grandma bought it for me! I didn't think it would be very good since the pictures on the cover were pretty bad in terms of quality! But as you can see I watched it and it is now my fav!! and now it is my greatest inspiration! Let me know how you like it!! (I'd love to talk about the scenes with you!! lol)

    God Bless!
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! It means a lot that you have taken time to read what I have to say! Thanks again!

~Kat