Thursday, March 25, 2010

T-shirt or Dress? I'm confused!


Hey everyone! While searching through spring dresses on various sites, I am disgusted and astonished at how revealing the junior's dresses are. While the styles are cute they are entirely to short and much too low in the neckline. Where they call them dresses they look more like shirts.

Actually, several if not most of the pictures themselves strike me as inappropriate for any age range in terms of modeling. I don't know about you but I am certainly not going to follow the media's worldly ideas of 'style'. I have chosen to honor God with the clothes I wear.


Unfortunately all the dresses I have found so far are all like these pictures.

I'm truly ashamed that the media is telling young women to dress so crudely. This image of looking like an immature party animal is truly sickening. Really the styles all look the same and appear cheap at times. What's wrong with dressing feminine, classy, elegant and above all modest? I'd rather have respect for myself and others by keeping myself covered. Why wouldn't you rather look genteel and refined than trashy and crude? Sadly most young people are drawn into the crowd because of peer pressure. Below are pictures of how I would prefer to dress.

This is so much more stylish. It also has character and designs that aren't the same pattern that every store carries. With pieces like this your able to make your own fashion statement but by creating a feminine image.

As I hope you all can see this is a topic I am very passionate about. After all I created this blog for the very purpose of encouraging young ones as well as adults to grow in their walk with God and stand strong in His word especially in the fashion world.


Most of all I hope to honor Him with what I post on this blog. Also sometimes first appearances do matter and I would rather have someone look at me and say, "There is something different about her." I want people to see me and notice how I am following something greater than the world. I am following the most marvelous, wonderful creator of the universe. My heavenly Father!!!!!

God Bless!
~Kat

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I bought a long shirt (yes, it was a shirt) the other day, and then the next day I saw another girl wearing it as a dress. Hello! It was waaaaaaay inaporpriate!! =0 It looked terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I forgot to put in my last comment that I am giving away a necklace and some earrings at my blog if you are interested. :) Just thought you might want to know.

    God Bless~

    Katie G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eldarwen: Wow! It's just so sad that they want to dress that way!

    Katie G.: Thanks! I'll go check it out!


    God Bless!
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen , you go get 'em girlll! I am so happy to be able to call you a sister~in~christ often I go "blog searching" I will be following for certain !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO TRUE!!!
    I really like your pictures/collages about how you like to dress! How did you make them?
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Josie! I just now noticed this comment! Thank you!! I use adobe photoshop to create the collages.
    God Bless!
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! It means a lot that you have taken time to read what I have to say! Thanks again!

~Kat